Volunteer Opportunities/Community Service/Corporate Team Building
There are countless ways to get involved with The Giving Tree. Whether you want to make a donation of gently used clothing, wrap holiday gifts or start a Giving Tree project of your own, you will find an opportunity to give back through our extensive community outreach. We can help you facilitate your own community service mission or work within one of our three main projects to fill the basic needs of those in our own back yard.
We need your help to make this year’s Giving Tree programs a success. You can participate in any program through donations, gift giving, or volunteering time to help sort, wrap, and distribute gifts. Contact us today to change someones life forever.
Quiet Giving Program
This year-round Quiet Giving program provides gently used clothing, school supplies and disposables to those in our community on a moments notice. No red tape or interview process. A case manager from one of our participating agencies makes the referral and we meet the need. Here’s how you can help:
• Email us a list of items you want to donate and your location
• Sort and bag up gently used CHILDREN’s clothing by size and gender
• Donate disposables such as hygiene items and cleaning supplies
• Provide funds to purchase food and disposables for a family in need
Holiday Gift Program
While most of us look forward to the holiday season, many in our local community find this time of year very sad and stressful. Children are bombarded with advertisements of toys and parents are filled with regret for lacking the means to make even the smallest holiday wish come true. Here’s how you can help:
• To Fill a Wish List. Email us and we will send you a specific wish list with
information on the child you will be donating to. Gifts must be new and unwrapped.
• Donate a gift card to Walmart, Target or Visa/Amex for a senior to purchase food or medicine
• Come to our holiday workshop and wrap gifts (Email us for this year’s location)
• Deliver gifts on Christmas Eve at The Dixie Manor Housing Community
• Donate your left over Halloween Candy and help us fill candy bags for Christmas
• Donate your old electronic games, iPods, cameras, computers, books, etc.
• Donate gently used bikes for kids and adults
The Giving Tree is 100% Volunteer Based with Zero Administrative Costs